Customers are impatient, picky, demanding and savvy. They are also THE reason a business exists – to serve and sell the customer. To make 2011 a profitable year, here are the 5 Bs of what customers want –
1. Be Fast. Customers are impatient and want things faster than ever before. Think about your customer experience. Look at email response time, on hold time, IVR systems, live chat capabilities. Make it an experience that works for the savvy customer.
2. Be Good. Have team members who can answer customer’s questions. Make certain they have more answers than the customer has questions. Empowered employees make for happier loyal customers. Get rid of scripts.
3. Be Complete. Do what you say you will do. Do it right the first time, Do it when you say you will do it. It is that simple. Customers want to talk to one person and tell their story one time.
4. Be Responsive. This is especially important as customers interact with companies more via their computer. Your social media presence is worthless if you are not responsive. Emails should be answered at least within 4 hours. Whether face to face or on the phone, connect and care. That is the essence of customer service.
5. Be Personable. Give customers a reason to do business with you. Make the experience memorable. Show you know them and value their business.
You may have a great product but it can not stand alone in this crowded, competitive marketplace. In this coming year, stand out by being what your customers want.